Social Security Agreement Belgium Switzerland

If Belgium has a social security contract (to cover pensions) with the country in which you are a pension applicant, you should file your application with the local social security agency in your country of residence. 1.2. No social security agreement between Belgium and your country of residence On 23 June 2016, the United Kingdom decided to leave the European Union by referendum. This „Brexit“ will be a fact until 31 January 2020. It goes without saying that this Brexit will also have an impact on the social security system of Belgians living or working in the UK and for Britons living or working in a Member State of the European Union. For more information, visit the Brexit section of the Citizens` Information Portal. Select the country name from the following list to show the actual text of the agreement with that country. Select the country`s name from the list below for information on how to avoid U.S. and foreign social security double taxation and how to claim benefits under the agreement with a particular country. National Institute of Social Insurance for the Self-employed Place Jean Jacobs 1000 Brussels If you live in a country that does not have a social security agreement with Belgium, you should personally sign your application and send it as recommended to one of the following qualified organisations in Belgium: all these agreements are based on the concept of shared responsibility.

Responsibility-sharing agreements are reciprocal. Under each agreement, partner countries make concessions to their social security qualification rules so that those covered by the agreement have access to payments that they may not be eligible for. The responsibility for social security is thus distributed among the countries in which a person has lived during his or her working years and where the person is able to obtain potential rights. In general, it is possible to access a pension from one country in the second country, although the paying country retains some discretion with regard to the exchange and delivery mechanisms used. Under these agreements, Australia equates social security periods/stays in these countries with periods of Australian residence in order to meet minimum qualification periods for Australian pensions. In other countries, periods of Australian working life are generally counted as social security periods to meet their minimum payment periods. Typically, each country pays a partial pension to a person who has lived in both countries. Australia currently has 31 bilateral international social security agreements. For more information on EU social security rules, please select the EEA below. All types of Belgian pensions can be paid anywhere in the world to Belgians, EU citizens and nationals of countries that have a social security agreement with Belgium.

Juvenile pensions can be paid anywhere in the world (depending on certain restrictions). If you live in an EEA (European Economic Area) country or Switzerland, you should apply to the local social security authority. Our EU European website provides a large amount of information about this. Overseas social security tasks have been taken over by the National Office of Social Security (information on social security abroad in French): If you arrive in Belgium from a Country of the European Economic Area or Switzerland, your social security rights will be established in accordance with European rules.